Sunday, January 11, 2009

A quick trip to the old library to return some overdue books and then it’s off to pussy licking school on the Gaza Strip. Drinking Arnold Palmers in the shade of some dive bar near the edge of town while Lou Reed’s Sally Can’t Dance plays on the jukebox in its entirety. We killed an Eskimo with a dagger near City Hall, and even though he only had one word for love, he had a lot of words for “What the fuck are you guys doing? I don’t have your money!!!!”

“Pull up at the front door and I’ll be out in a minute” you sobbed in the phone. “Just get me the hell out of here.” You took the keys to the strip club with you when you left and it broke my heart. I thought of all those perverts, like me, unable to glare at the bruised thighs of the questionably legal teens. Your perky breasts already showing signs of wear and tear, you spoke through a cut on your lip, “If the world ended tomorrow I’d die alone and unloved.”

On an old country road you flung a used tampon at a cop. His satin uniform, a first for the Waterville Valley police force, would never be clean again. You had left a brown stain, your mark on the world.

"Let's run away forever" you said.

2 comments:

FJ said...

Alright, now we're talking! Satin cops uniforms = brilliance.

FJ said...

"We poets in our youth begin in gladness; / But thereof come in the end despondency and madness."