Sunday, December 14, 2008

The last will and testament of Marcus Garvey III.

To you, the girl who left a golden stain on my white pillow case, I bequeath one-half of my fortune. I also forgive the debt of $34 you owe me for that lunch at Arby’s. I guess you were telling the truth when you said you didn’t know how expensive it was going to be.

But seriously, when did your style change? When we got together you would wear the sexiest of lingerie, but the last several years have consisted of nightgowns and oversized Minnie Mouse T-Shirts.
Your pubic hair, once trimmed into a perfect triangle, now looks like the wiry hair of some wildebeest, only wetter.
And that perm you got after Christmas is the subject of another conversation entirely.

So when did your style change?

Was it right after you stopped loving me? Or right before you started loving him?

That grease ball. That man with the acne. The slicked back hair. The teeth too large for his mouth. To that man, I leave this small golden shoe.

1 comment:

FJ said...

This one's gotta' real royal feel. I think I know where some elements come from (ie: the triangle).